Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Un-blog worthy

Yesterday was an un-blog worthy day. I woke up earlier than I would have liked. Finn wakes up at random times, sometimes he sleeps until 7:40 and sometimes he's ready to go at 6. I pull him into bed with us to nurse in the hopes he will fall back asleep or cuddle. But lately, as soon as he finishes nursing, he is babbling a mile a minute and wanting to play. I love these mornings. I know one day there will be places to be and people to see. So I try to soak in as much of the quiet snuggles as I can.

This morning started at 6:40. Too early, in my opinion. I couldn't get the coffee machine to work, Finn was clingy and fussy and not a good eater. He screamed through his diaper change. After nap, I thought it would be fun to take a bide ride to get coffee. Except when we got there I couldn't get the bike lock to work. There wasn't a place to put the bike in front of the store and after fiddling with the lock for 10 minutes, Finn was getting fussy so we biked back home, sans coffee. Repeated the fussy, clingy, throwing food, tantrum diaper change. Played in the pool and screamed when it was time to get out. After nap we walked to the bike shop to get a new lock and headed to the playground. Ate rocks, kept trying to play with other kids toys, screamed when it was time to leave. Screamed when it was time to get out of bath. But then calmed down when it was time for books, milk, and nite nite snuggles.

These screaming fits are new. They just started yesterday. Out of the blue he is aware of his wants and expressing them through fits. I don't know what the best reaction is so I'm just ignoring them for now. It's funny how quickly they change.

But, as I lay typing this, looking at him on the baby monitor tiny and sleeping, I reflect back on our day and realize it was also a pretty blog worthy day. We had a lot of fun being silly and playing in the floor. He played in the baby pool on the deck for the first time and it was so much fun watching him splash around, naked. We shared an ice cream cone on the way to the park, him saying "mo" when he wanted more. I love watching him play at the playground. He gets so excited, he starts kicking his feet and flicking his hands.

These are the things I want to capture on this blog because I know one day he will be grown and these are the moments I will want to remember. The good, the average, and the un-blog worthy.

- Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment